MTV Video Music Awards 2016 Rihanna Thanks Drake for His VMAs Speech: 'I Love You For That'

Rihanna had the "best night ever" at the MTV Video Music Awards.

In a Friday Instagram post, the 28-year-old singer spoke out about the night in which she received the year's Video Vanguard Award following a slew of high-energy performances.

"#VMA2016 night was one that I would never forget!! I have the most incredible people in my life! My family, friends, loved ones, my fans, my team!!! All gifted beautiful spirits!" she began the lengthy caption alongside a video clip of her acceptance speech.

"And I'm so grateful that God has precisely and flawlessly arranged our paths to meet at each other," she continued. "It's because of you that I was able to reach this moment in my career!"



She went on to thank her production team for helping her pull off "4 medley performances, 4 set productions, 4 outfits, 4 hair and makeup looks, and all in 4 days of rehearsal!"



Along with grateful messages to stars like Naomi Campbell Mary J. Blige andTracee Ellis Ross, the "Work" singer thanked the 29-year-old rapper, who presented her with the year's Video Vanguard Award – in which he declared his love for the singer."

"[Drake] your speech was so touching and I love you for that!" she wrote.

The "Hotline Bling" rapper prompted a roar of applause at the award show when he professed his love for Rihanna.

"She's someone I've been in love with since I was 22 years old," he said. "She's one of my best friends in the world. She's a living breathing legend in our industry."

All eyes have been on the low-key pair since the show.

The musicians were spotted hanging out in New York after the ceremony before jetting off to Miami where they partied at a club and locked lips onstageat the rapper's concert.



A source previously told PEOPLE that Drake is "very smitten" with Rihanna.

"They've been secretly dating for a while now and are very happy together," the source said.

"Rihanna is the most beautiful girl Drake's ever been with, and he treats her like a princess."
MORE ON: Rihanna



Comments

Popular Posts